Yoga for Beginners, Spring-Summer 2018
May 1 (Tuesday) at 6:00 pm
3 spots left
1 hour 15 minutes
NOTE: PRESENTLY, THIS CLASS IS FULL & CANNOT ACCEPT DROP-INS. SINCE THE COURSE HAS ALREADY COMMENCED, REGISTRATION IS NOW ONLY AVAILABLE FOR $15 PER DROP-IN CLASS, & MUST BE RENDERED IN CASH OR CHECK, AND ONLY IF A SPACE OPENS.
Join us for YOGA FOR BEGINNERS, a 12-week course for Spring-Summer Term 2018. I have crafted and refined my popular beginners' series, now a FULL TWELVE WEEKS, for those looking to build a yoga practice from the ground up. It is designed for total beginners, though also suitable for those with some experience who want to build a strong foundation of the basic yoga poses and other breathing and relaxation techniques. Yoga practices are nurturing and provide a support to ignite your own inner capacities for transformation.
The investment for this course is $144 and includes TWELEVE 75-minute yoga classes as well as take-home study guides each week.
We meet Tuesdays, 6 to 7:15 pm, May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; June 5, 12, 19, 26; & July 10, 17, & 24. There is NO CLASS on July 3.
Space is limited since community-building and creation of a safe, stable space is part of this delicate yet important process of turning inward. As the series has been specially designed with great care, each class builds upon the previous classes. To get the most benefits of your practice, commitment is for the full 12 weeks of the course term; there are no make-up classes.
To reserve your place, your investment for the full series must be received prior to attendance. Purchase of the tuition pass below for "Yoga for Beginners, Spring-Summer 2018" confirms your agreement to the following Terms & Conditions as well as the Waiver and Release:
Terms & Conditions of Registration & Attendance
- If you have any medical concerns, injuries, allergies, are pregnant, or have any changes in such conditions, it is your duty & responsibility to inform your teacher prior to class.
- Your place is held only upon receipt of tuition payment ($144).
- Payments for Yoga classes are non-refundable, unless your class is taken off the weekly schedule due to low enrollment, dire teacher emergency, or unavoidable natural disaster.
- Commitment is for the entire series. There are no pro-rated tuition fees for absences and no make-up classes for missed days.
- Payments for this series are not transferable to a future class, series, term, or event. All passes expire the last day of the series, July 24, 2018.
- Advise your teacher with 24-hours advance notice if you are unable to attend (text message is preferred).
- The teacher holds the right to cancel or reschedule any classes, sessions, or events due to extreme illness or emergencies. Students will be notified of the rescheduled date and every attempt will be made to accommodate each student’s schedule.
- Credit-debit payments are completed online. Cash or check (made out to “Virginia Hill”) is paid in person or mailed (PO Box 3696, Lake City, FL 21056).
- Turn off or put all cell phones on silent.
- Words and energy matter! This is your time to turn inward, and much care has been given to cultivating a sacred space. You and your colleagues are doing deep work when you undertake yoga. Please be respectful of your peers and teacher and maintain the calm, peaceful space. This means this is not the time for gossip, complaining, or leftover conversations from work. Take this time and space to breathe and transition into your deeper practice and allow your best self to shine.
- Please take your shoes off at the door of the studio to keep the floor clean and sanitary.
- Be on your mat and ready to go at the starting time.
- It’s best not to eat one hour prior to yoga; for some people, 2 hours are required.
- Parking is best BEHIND the Suwannee River Yoga studio.
- If anything can be done to make your experience more comfortable, secure, and successful, please let your teacher know (temperature, bathroom needs attention, you need to leave early, special concern, etc.). Suggestions to improve your yoga & meditation experience are always welcome.
- A separate Waiver & Release for AHA Yoga, including Suwannee River Yoga, must be completed and signed prior to practice on your first day (unless you are a returning student and have already signed this).
These policies allow me to continue offering you the best possible yoga teachings I can and ensure our community runs smoothly. Should you prefer to pay in cash or check, or require a payment plan (available in two installments of $77 each, due May 1 and June 5 OR 3 installments of $53, due May 1, May 22, & June 19), let me know and we can arrange something that serves both of us and allows you to partake of this unique series. Connect with me if you have any questions! I would love to hear from you.
--Virginia Hill, AHA Yoga Teacher
Sorry - that class has already taken place!