Restorative Yoga & Guided Relaxation
April 3 (Tuesday) at 6:00 pm
305 East Duval Street, Suite 101, Lake City, FL 32055
This is a one-day only workshop created especially for gentle healing, calming a racing mind, and deep physical and emotional relaxation as we need to digest and replenish our energy reserves from the holidays, and perhaps we all need to open the body, cool down, and rest. Rejuvenation & renewal are the hallmarks of restorative yoga. It counteracts the tension hectic schedules, arduous workouts, sedentary jobs, and modern life in general tend to create. This course uses lots of luscious bolsters, blankets, and other soothing props so that the body gradually releases into this comforting support as supine and prone positions are held for long periods of time. This softening of tension and increase in healing is facilitated by diaphragmatic breathing. Restorative Yoga is the perfect practice for hectic holiday times, creating spaciousness in body and mind, while helping to overcome fatigue and overwhelm.
Are you new to RESTORATIVE YOGA? Then be sure to read my article so you know what a delicious treat is in store for you! Find that here:
Purchase of the tuition pass below for "Restorative Yoga & Guided Relaxation" confirms your agreement to the following Terms & Conditions of Registration & Attendance, as well as the Waiver and Release:
- If you have any medical concerns, injuries, allergies, are pregnant, or have any changes in such conditions, it is your duty & responsibility to inform your teacher prior to class.
- Your place is held only upon receipt of tuition payment ($25 Early Bird or $30 regular price; or as bonus for registration in 2 full Fall Term Courses).
- Payments for this Yoga class is non-refundable, unless your class is taken off the weekly schedule due to low enrollment, dire teacher emergency, or unavoidable natural disaster. You can transfer your pass to a friend if you need to cancel.
- There are NO pro-rated tuition fees for absences and NO make-up classes for missed days.
- Payments for this course are not transferable to a future class, series, term, or event. All passes expire the day of this class, November 25, 2018.
- Advise your teacher with 24-hours advance notice if you are unable to attend (text message is preferred) so those on wait list have opportunity to attend.
- The teacher holds the right to cancel or reschedule any classes, sessions, or events due to extreme illness or emergencies. Students will be notified of the rescheduled date and every attempt will be made to accommodate each student’s schedule.
- Credit-debit payments are completed online. Cash or check (made out to “Virginia Hill”) is paid in person or mailed (305 E Duval St, Lake City, FL 32055).
- Turn off or put all cell phones on silent.
- Words and energy matter! This is your time to turn inward, and much care has been given to cultivating a sacred space. You and your colleagues are doing deep work when you undertake yoga. Please be respectful of your peers and teacher and maintain the calm, peaceful space. This means this is not the time for gossip, complaining, or leftover conversations from work. Take this time and space to breathe and transition into your deeper practice and allow your best self to shine. It is also particularly important for this class that you are respectful of a calm, quiet, and peaceful demeanor, movements, and sound.
- Please take your shoes off at the door of the studio to keep the floor clean and sanitary.
- Be on your mat and ready to go at the starting time.
- It’s best not to eat one hour prior to yoga; for some people, 2 hours are required.
- If anything can be done to make your experience more comfortable, secure, and successful, please let your teacher know (temperature, bathroom needs attention, you need to leave early, special concern, etc.). Suggestions to improve your yoga & meditation experience are always welcome.
- A separate Waiver & Release for AHA Yoga must be completed and signed prior to practice on your first day (unless you are a returning student and have already signed this).
- Please BRING A YOGA MAT. If you use a shared studio mat, please note there is a $2 rental fee and it is your responsibility to sanitize it after each use (cleaning supplies provided). All other props (bolsters, blankets, blocks, hand weights, eye pillows, straps, etc) are provided; if you have preferred personal props, feel free to bring those.
These policies allow me to continue offering you the best possible yoga teachings I can and ensure our community runs smoothly. Should you prefer to pay in cash or check, let me know. Connect with me if you have any questions! I would love to hear from you.
--Virginia Hill, AHA Yoga Teacher
Sorry - that class has already taken place!