BoomerFit HABIT Class
July 24 (Wednesday) at 8:00 am
9 spots left
305 Hokum Rock Rd, Dennis, MA
HABIT stands for Healing Alignment and Balance In Time. Do any of these habits look like someone you know?
- Toe walking – are your heels are strangers to the ground?
- Jutting your hips out – do they come into the room before the rest of you?
- Tucking your pelvis toward your rear – you were told to do it in exercise class but now we know better!
- Sucking your stomach in – it doesn’t make you look thinner and does a number on your internal organs
- Head hanging forward – it’s getting worse staring at your phone steering you toward the dreaded ‘dowager’s hump’
You’ve been doing these for so long your body adapted. The problem is; your tissues – joints, ligaments, organs mold in a way that stinks for your health. Even worse, the pain caused by poor alignment makes you move less which is literally deadly.
You can fix it and regain balance and confidence. It takes time – the second part of the acronym – but why not start your now?
How the HABIT class works:
- Alignment and deep breathing to activate the parasympathetic nervous system
- Mindful movement with Standing Stretches
- Upper and lower body strength exercises with resistance bands
- Stretching and Exercises on the Mat
- Meditation to relax the body and create new brain connections
You must be able to get up and down from a mat.
All equipment provided. You may bring your own mat and water if desired.
Shoes not permitted in the room. You may wear socks.
Please refrain from wearing perfume or cologne.
Sorry - that class has already taken place!