Yoga Nidra WORKSHOP
July 8 (Sunday) at 2:00 pm
2 hours 15 minutes
305 East Duval Street, Suite 101, Lake City, FL 32055
This is a one-day only specialty workshop of a master practice, Yoga Nidra. It is a culmination of the most important parts of yogic practice!
This afternoon workshop introduces one of the most important and deepest yogic practices to ignite our own inner healing capacities. It is a very gentle and subtle class, and can be done by almost anyone (all you need is the ability to get up and down from the floor without assistance).
Yoga Nidra is not just rest; I teach YOGA NIDRA in the Himalayan Tradition, focusing on awareness of different states of consciousness, which is quite different than many popular forms of Yoga Nidra. IT IS MY FAVORITE AND MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY PERSONAL PRACTICE!
YOGA NIDRA is a beautiful relaxation and meditation method that helps you deeply relax, rejuvenate, and therefore energize. It also increases your awareness and thus your ability to be truly present and calm. Taught at AHA! Yoga in the Himalayan Tradition, this approach to Yoga Nidra leads you to a wakeful awareness that allows your MIND as well as your body to deeply rest. It refines the ability to guide the mind so you access your best self an truest purpose.
What is the practice like?
We will do a few standing warm-ups—think 1970s gym class! Shaking wrists, knees, arms, shoulders, marching, lengthening arms overhead. These are very simple: people with basic mobility to walk and get up and down from the floor can do this. This routine is easier than common yoga poses.
Then we lie on the floor and first do two calming breath awareness practices. Next are some simple exercises such as lifting legs and arms, squeezing glutes, for example. The next step, also down lying down, is a tension-release exercise (hence the “exercise with no movement” moniker), another full-body breath exercise, and then a guided point-visualization technique. This then smoothly transitions into breathing in such a way to open up each side of the body, while resting in a supine position. Finally, there is a guided meditation that leads to the resting consciousness state of Yoga Nidra, a brief yet intense meditation.
You can learn more about YOGA NIDRA, so you know what a delicious, rejuvenating, and INSPIRING treat is in store for you, by accessing my notes about it here.
Please BRING A YOGA MAT. If you use a shared studio mat, please note there is a $2 rental fee and it is your responsibility to sanitize it after each use (cleaning supplies provided). All other props (bolsters, blankets, blocks, hand weights, eye pillows, straps, etc) are provided; if you have preferred personal props, feel free to bring those.
AHA Yoga provides a unique experience and is a space to truly explore traditional practice with inspiring peers and study with full-time, committed teachers who are also practitioners, and who plan curricula extensively, so you are provided rich soil in which to rest as well as thrive. YOGA NIDRA is definitely one of the most significant parts of what we do at AHA Yoga.
Purchase of the tuition pass below for "YOGA NIDRA" confirms your agreement to the following Terms & Conditions of Registration & Attendance, as well as the Waiver and Release:
- If you have any medical concerns, injuries, allergies, are pregnant, or have any changes in such conditions, it is your duty & responsibility to inform your teacher prior to class.
- Your place is held only upon receipt of tuition payment ($30; or $25 Early Bird).
- Payments for this Yoga class is non-refundable, unless your class is taken off the weekly schedule due to low enrollment, dire teacher emergency, or unavoidable natural disaster. You can transfer your pass to a friend if you need to cancel.
- There are NO pro-rated tuition fees for absences and NO make-up classes for missed days.
- Payments for this course are not transferable to a future class, series, term, or event. All passes expire the day of this workshop.
- Advise your teacher with 24-hours advance notice if you are unable to attend (text message is preferred) so another student can take your place.
- The teacher holds the right to cancel or reschedule any classes, sessions, or events due to extreme illness or emergencies. Students will be notified of the rescheduled date and every attempt will be made to accommodate each student’s schedule.
- Credit-debit payments are completed online. Cash or check (made out to “AHA Yoga”) is paid in person or mailed (305 E Duval St, Suite 101, Lake City, FL 32055).
- Turn off or put all cell phones on silent.
- Do not leave valuable personal items in your vehicle; personal items may be stored in the prop room.
- Words and energy matter! This is your time to turn inward, and much care has been given to cultivating a sacred space. You and your colleagues are doing deep work when you undertake yoga. Please be respectful of your peers and teacher and maintain the calm, peaceful, and quiet space. This means this is not the time for gossip, complaining, or leftover conversations from work, or any less than tender-hearted, well-intended speech. Take this time and space to breathe and transition into your practice and allow your best self to shine. Speak quietly and take loud conversations outside.
- Please take your shoes off at the door of the studio to keep the floor clean and sanitary.
- Be on your mat and ready to go at the starting time.
- It’s best not to eat one hour prior to yoga; for some people, 2 hours are required.
- If anything can be done to make your experience more comfortable, secure, and successful, please let your teacher know (temperature, bathroom needs attention, you need to leave early, special concern, etc.). Suggestions to improve your yoga & meditation experience are always welcome.
- A separate Waiver & Release and Terms & Conditions for AHA Yoga must be completed and signed prior to practice on your first day (unless you are a returning student and have already signed this). Hard copies are available at the studio.
- Please BRING A YOGA MAT. If you use a shared studio mat, please note there is a $2 rental fee and it is your responsibility to sanitize it after each use (cleaning supplies provided). All other props (bolsters, blankets, blocks, hand weights, eye pillows, straps, etc) are provided; if you have preferred personal props, feel free to bring those.
These policies allow me to continue offering you the best possible yoga teachings I can and ensure our community runs smoothly. Should you prefer to pay in cash or check, let me know. Connect with me if you have any questions! I would love to hear from you.
--Virginia Hill, AHA Yoga Teacher
Interested in other workshops & courses, or want to know more about the studio, the teachings, the community, or us? Then explore more here for our full schedule, and join our mailing list here to receive VIP tuition & be the first to learn about upcoming events. Looking forward to supporting you to cultivate your best, and grow together!
Sorry - that class has already taken place!