Tapas! Heat-Building Yoga Sequence for Dedicated Practice
May 7 (Monday) at 6:00pm
1 hour 30 minutes
Suwannee River Yoga studio, 16548 Spring Street White Springs, Florida 32096
Join us for this heat-building yoga class, TAPAS! Each session for 10-weeks, we will practice a challenging, endurance-building vinyasa sequence that includes upper-body strengthening, moving balances, endurance holds for the quadriceps, and core work synced with the breath. "Vinyasa" means "precise placement" and refers in this context to the flowing nature of this yoga sequence, as students move from one pose to the next, coordinated with the breath. Some yoga experience helpful, though not required. TAPAS! is a way to increase the transmutation a dedicated yoga practice provides.
Together, we will learn two vinyasa flows (short routines linking different yoga poses together). Each step will be cued and demonstrated, then repeated. These flows include upper-body strengthening, endurance holds for the quadriceps and abdominals, squat variations, & core work synced with the breath.
NOTE: We will be continuing for about 3 weeks the routine we did in the previous 3-week series (for returning students), then shift to a NEW Tapas sequence.
We'll do some classic poses that are sure to hit some of yoga pose favorites, such as High Lunge, Cat-Cow, Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose), Utkatasana (Fierce/Chair Pose), Balancing Cat, Planks & lots of variations of side planks, Virabhadrasna (Warrior) 3 with Movement, and Navasana (Upward Facing Boat), and Twists. But we will also add some playful transitions, variations, and long holds, to build our vitality and concentration!
The 10-week course builds heat from the inside out this is NOT a hot yoga class!], through an engaging, upbeat practice that incorporates lots of movement as well as endurance holds to add a little flair, challenge, and stamina to our asana (yoga posture) practice. This intensity of the practice is what feeds our sense of self-discipline and clears the mind, so it works not just on a physical level, but on mental and energetic levels as well.
Students are encouraged to go at their own pace and take breaks if necessary. Yoga practices are nurturing and provide a support to ignite your own inner capacities for transformation.
The investment for this course is $150 and includes TEN 90-minute yoga classes. Class meets Mondays, May 7, 14, 21; June 4, 11, & 18; and July 2, 9, 16, & 23 [NO CLASS May 28, June 25, OR July 30], from 6:00 to 7:30 pm.
To get the most benefits of your practice, commitment is for all 10 weeks of the course term; there are no make-up classes.
After the first class begins on May 7, if the course is not full, drop-in classes will be available for $20 per class.
To reserve your place at the early bird rate, your investment for the full series must be received prior to attendance. Purchase of the tuition pass below for "TAPAS!" confirms your agreement to the following Terms & Conditions as well as the Waiver and Release:
Terms & Conditions of Registration & Attendance:
- If you have any medical concerns, injuries, allergies, are pregnant, or have any changes in such conditions, it is your duty & responsibility to inform your teacher prior to class.
- Your place is held only upon receipt of tuition payment ($150).
- Payments for Yoga classes are non-refundable, unless your class is taken off the weekly schedule due to low enrollment, dire teacher emergency, or unavoidable natural disaster.
- Commitment is for the entire 10-week course. There are no pro-rated tuition fees for absences and no make-up classes for missed days.
- Payments for this series are not transferable to a future class, series, term, or event. All passes expire the last day of the course, July 23, 2018.
- Advise your teacher with 24-hours advance notice if you are unable to attend (text message is preferred).
- The teacher holds the right to cancel or reschedule any classes, sessions, or events due to extreme illness or emergencies. Students will be notified of the rescheduled date and every attempt will be made to accommodate each student’s schedule.
- Credit-debit payments are completed online. Cash or check (made out to “Virginia Hill”) is paid in person or mailed (PO Box 3696, Lake City, FL 21056).
- Turn off or put all cell phones on silent.
- Words and energy matter! This is your time to turn inward, and much care has been given to cultivating a sacred space. You and your colleagues are doing deep work when you undertake yoga. Please be respectful of your peers and teacher and maintain the calm, peaceful space. This means this is not the time for gossip, complaining, or leftover conversations from work, or any less than tender-hearted, well-intended speech. Take this time and space to breathe and transition into your practice and allow your best self to shine.
- Please take your shoes off at the door of the studio to keep the floor clean and sanitary.
- Be on your mat and ready to go at the starting time.
- It’s best not to eat one hour prior to yoga; for some people, 2 hours are required.
- Parking is best BEHIND the Suwannee River Yoga studio, on Hamilton Street.
- If anything can be done to make your experience more comfortable, secure, and successful, please let your teacher know (temperature, bathroom needs attention, you need to leave early, special concern, etc.). Suggestions to improve your yoga & meditation experience are always welcome.
- A separate Waiver & Release for AHA Yoga, including Suwannee River Yoga, must be completed and signed prior to practice on your first day (unless you are a returning student and have already completed this).
These policies allow me to continue offering you the best possible yoga teachings I can and ensure our community runs smoothly. Should you prefer to pay in cash or check, or require a payment plan (available in two installments of $80 each, due April 30 and June 11 OR 3 installments of $55, due April 31, May 21, & June 18), let me know and we can arrange something that serves both of us and allows you to partake of this unique series. Connect with me if you have any questions! I would love to hear from you.
--Virginia Hill, AHA Yoga Teacher
Please fill out the form to register: