Alligator Healing Arts Yoga Class Reservation
Welcome! AHA Yoga is gradually shifting to on-line scheduling and payments. Please be patient with us during this time of transition. I am so grateful for your support, and your commitment to yoga and cultivating your best Self. Looking forward to practicing with you soon. --Virginia Hill
Return To Class Schedule
March Yoga at the Brewery
11:00am - March 10 (Saturday)
Class length: 1 hour
Halpatter Brewing Company, 264 NE Hernando Ave., Lake City, FL 32055
Join us for this fun, light-hearted ALL LEVELS YOGA class at Halpatter's Brewery in historic downtown of Lake City, Florida.
We will meet Saturdays, 11 am to noon, March 3, 10, 17, 24 & 31. We will be enjoying out yoga under the sun, ourdoors in the inviting Beer Garden (weather permitting)!
Bring a YOGA MAT and TWO BEACH TOWELS (or 2 blankets).
Each session will include classic Yoga Asanas (poses), done at a gentle pace. We will do some strength-building isometric holds, as well as simple vinyasa flows--"Vinyasa" means "precise placement" and refers in this context to the flowing nature of the sequence, as students move from one pose to the next, coordinated with the breath. Each week will be a different sequence, and will include practices & postures such as Virabhadrasana (Warrior Poses), Lunges (high & low), Twists, Utkatasana (Chair/Fierce Pose), Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations), Chakravakasana variations (a simple warm-up moving sequence), Back Bends (like Bhujagasana/Cobra, Sphinx & more), Balance postures such as Chapasana (Sugarcane Pose) & Vrksasana (Tree Pose), Agni Sara (Fire Essence, working the abdominals), Adho Mukha Svanasana + Variations (Downward Facing Dog), Navasana sequences (Boat Poses), shoulder & hip openers (such as Gomukasana/Cow-face Pose & Eka Pada Kapotasana/One-Legged Pigeon Pose), exercises for Serratus Anterior, & more. Everything is cued and demonstrated, and modifications and variations provided for most practices. Each session will also include warm-ups as well as guided systematic relaxation.
All levels are welcome, whether total beginners or experienced practitioners. Everyone is also encouraged to stay afterwards for community hang-out time at the Brewery!
The investment for this course is now pro-rated and is $40 with early registration, which includes all FOUR remaining Saturday classes. (It will be $12 a class for drop-ins at the door the day-of).
To reserve your place at the early bird rate, your investment for the full series must be received prior to attendance. Note you will also be required to sign a Waiver & Release on the first day, to be completed prior to participating. Purchase of the tuition pass below for "Yoga at the Brewery, March 10, 17, 24, & 31" confirms your agreement to the following Terms & Conditions:
Terms & Conditions of Registration & Attendance
- If you have any medical concerns, injuries, allergies, are pregnant, or have any changes in such conditions, it is your duty & responsibility to inform your teacher prior to class.
- Your place is held at the early registration rate only upon receipt of full tuition payment PRIOR to class ($40).
- Payments for Yoga classes are non-refundable, unless your class is taken off the weekly schedule due to low enrollment, dire teacher emergency, or unavoidable natural disaster.
- Commitment is for the entire 4-weeks remaining in the course. There are no pro-rated tuition fees for absences and no make-up classes for missed days.
- Payments for this series are not transferable to a future class, series, term, or event. All passes expire the last day of the series, March 31, 2018.
- Advise your teacher with 24-hours advance notice if you are unable to attend (text message is preferred).
- The teacher holds the right to cancel or reschedule any classes, sessions, or events due to extreme illness or emergencies. Students will be notified of the rescheduled date and every attempt will be made to accommodate each student’s schedule.
- Credit-debit payments are completed online. Cash or check (made out to “Virginia Hill”) is paid in person or mailed (PO Box 3696, Lake City, FL 21056) and must be received prior to participation on the first day.
- Turn off or put all cell phones on silent.
- Words and energy matter! This means this is not the time for gossip, complaining, or leftover conversations from work. Take this time and space to breathe and transition into your practice and allow your best self to shine.
- Please bring a yoga mat and two towels/blankets.
- Be on your mat and ready to go at the starting time.
- It’s best not to eat one hour prior to yoga; for some people, 2 hours are required.
- If anything can be done to make your experience more comfortable, secure, and successful, please let your teacher know (temperature, bathroom needs attention, you need to leave early, special concern, etc.). Suggestions to improve your yoga & meditation experience are always welcome.
- A separate Waiver & Release for AHA Yoga must be completed and signed prior to practice on your first day.
These policies allow me to continue offering you the best possible yoga teachings I can and ensure our community runs smoothly. Should you prefer to pay in cash or check, or require a payment plan (available in two installments of $24), let me know and we can arrange something that serves both of us and allows you to partake of the remaining 4-weeks of this series. Connect with me if you have any questions! I would love to hear from you.
--Virginia Hill, AHA Yoga Teacher