Stress accumulates in our bodies and to strengthen our immune system we need to release it. Meditation helps us by getting a deep rest and that’s the most efficient way to release stress.
Together we can create a loving environment and accountability. These sessions are a great opportunity to build a healthy habit and connection. Join us any time!
How it works? We open the call at 8:00 am, settle into a comfortable seated position, say hi and answer any questions. At 8:05 we start for our 20 min session in stillness, at 8:25 we will gently come out, you can leave or stay to share thoughts or experience.
- Find a comfortable seated position with you back supported (think couch, chair, bed) as long as you’re upright (not laying down) and comfortable
- You can use a clock or download the app CLOCKS and place it in front of you, whenever your mind goes to thinking how long you’ve been meditating you take a peak and continue
- Take a minute to allow your eyes to close, take a few deep breaths to allow your body to settle and then...
- use your mantra, settling sound (aaaah... hummm..), or breath to meditate
- Your mind will wander into thoughts and every time you remember you’re meditating you go back to #4 to settle back in (this is normal and can happen many times in your meditation, this is how you release stress!)
- Extra: have a goal or intention? The last 2 minutes of our meditation you can use to imagine that goal/intention as a reality, use your mind, feelings and emotions
- After 20 minutes take your time with small movements and then a stretch to come out and open your eyes